Vacancy at Medrar for Contemporary Art
We are looking for an ambitious, highly organized person to join our team as a Program Coordinator. The position is full-time and flexible working hours are necessary.
We prefer candidates with two years of work experience in an administrative position. Candidates should have an excellent command of written and spoken Arabic and English.
PLEASE NOTE THAT IN THE GOOGLE FORM YOU WILL BE ASKED TO PROVIDE US WITH AN ARABIC TRANSLATION OF THE “MAIN DUTIES” SECTION
Working Hours: Full time job, Sundays to Thursdays, 8 hours between 10am and 6pm. Longer shifts might be asked on events days.
Contract Period: 12 months, renewable.
- B.A. or equivalent in Business, Management, Administration or related fields.
- 1-3 years of professional experience in the field of management or administration.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and Arabic is mandatory.
- Previous experience or involvement in the arts and culture field is a plus.
- Maintain and update event and workshop schedules.
- Implement strategies for long-term sustainability of the organization.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings and appointments.
- Coordinate with Medrar’s accountant and financial auditor.
- Coordinate and oversee Medrar’s projects and programs, by acting as the main contact persons for artists, donor and funding agencies/institutions.
- Maintain an updated archive of Medrar’s projects and programs.
- Manage activities and operations at the office and exhibition space.
- Draft contracts, letters of invitation, letters of agreement and application forms.
- Process applications received through calls.
- Liaise with publicity designer, assembling material, following up on proofreads, and underseeing printing and distribution.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal relations and teamwork
- Excellent organization and time-management skills
- Proactive and enthusiastic approach to project management
- Ability to take initiative, proposes ideas, and add to the already inspiring and dynamic team.
- Flexibility and ability to work independently, and among teams
- Ability to work with multi-stakeholders and partners
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We highly appreciate your time and interest invested in applying for this position.
We will inform you of the selection results within three days after the deadline, and expect us to call you personally if you are shortlisted
PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICATIONS RECEIVED BY EMAIL WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.